Friday, January 26, 2007

T.G.I.F.

     This morning has been an interesting one. First, I woke up late (not too late, just a little past my normal routine), which always brings a twist.

     Usually, it will be something crazy like hurrying and then dumping all the coffee on the floor or something, but today, thankfully, life is still calm.

     Then as I was reading my Hungry Girl newsletter, I saw that today is National Pistachio Day.

     Imagine my delight! I love pistachios, and I started thinking of all sorts of ways to have pistachio this and pistachio that today.

     Then I decided to check out some nutritional and historical information about pistachios.

     Shocking . . . today is not National Pistachio Day, but rather it is Feb. 26, a month from today.

     What a great lesson that I always share with my students, don't believe everything you read or are told just because. Instead, have an inquiring mind. Want to know!

     I still might eat some pistachio pudding (sugar-free, fat free) today, but for now, I will hold off on my all-out celebration.

     Yesterday I did not eat so swell. I ate a deliciously rich raspberry cheesecake up at Campbell's, and let me just say, it was worth the splurge. NO GUILT.

     I am very excited for my sister to come and visit this weekend, and I think I am even going to drag her down to the gym, maybe to play some racquetball.

     I am also really glad that today is Friday. For many reasons it feels like this week has been a month.

     I don't have one thing that I HAVE to do this weekend, which really stokes my fire! I have a few things that I would like to do, and will.

No comments: