Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Frankly, Scarlett, I do give a damn!

I am now officially down 43 pounds. Tomorrow it will be exactly four months from my original weigh-in. I was recently on a crazy plateau. I seriously would lose two pounds, gain two pounds, lose a pound, gain .4 of a pound, lose a pound, gain 1.2 for an ENTIRE month. It was so entirely frustrating because I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing. In the end, I think I might have at times been eating too under my calories.

The big deal for me...I didn't give up. I just kept plugging along and HATING my scale--who by the way is now named Scarlett, after one of my all-time favorite characters, who I believe truly demonstrates GRIT! I refused to give in. I refused to be defeated. I have something I need to do, and by golly, I'm gonna do it. NO MATTER HOW LONG IT TAKES!

It was a month of Miss Scarlett not cooperating or worse...giving some false hope only to then viciously take it away, and then BAM! The plateau was over. AND, I mean over. I lost 6 pounds in one week. I have never had that happen before. I blasted out of the 230s and am now sitting in the mid-220s all within one week.

Six pounds in a week is an enormous loss. But, considering my goal is 1.5 pounds a week, that six pounds was the MONTH-long plateau I was living. The weight was just hanging out, taunting me, and when it could finally see that I WAS NOT GIVING UP, it just fell off. Bye, bye!

At the moment, Scarlett and I are friends. I know it's not all about the number, but I don't really care what people think. The number matters to me. At least it does right now during this part of my journey. Maybe when I get to where I want to go, it won't matter as much.

No comments: