Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Heeeeeeeeeeey!

     SO much to say! I know it has been awhile since I last wrote. SORRY. I don’t have much to report about the health end of things. I haven’t exercised, and I have cooked lots. I have been busy cooking all of Cody’s favorite meals! Thankfully, I am focusing on portions, so even though I am eating what I want, I am not eating how much I want!
     We have been so busy with lots of friends and family over visiting Cody. Lots of great stories and laughing!!
     Much has happened since we last chatted! First, Cody and I went and got a tattoo together! This makes my third. We thought and thought for a long time what we wanted to get. We want it to be something special and symbolic. So, finally we decided on the nautical star. It actually has a Celtic history, which we are Celtic, so that was the first perfect match! The nautical star is all about finding your way home safely. We both had it tattooed on the inside of our right wrists. To us, it represents family, and returning home safely! Love it! The only thing is my pic is not so great, because it's still in the healing phase.

     Something sad also happened this past weekend. One of our horses came down with colic and was very ill. We had to put him down early Monday morning. It was devastating. It’s amazing how much animals are really a part of our lives, just like family. It’s also during sad times that you find out how much you love each other. To watch Rick hurt, it just made me love him that much more. You know, I think it’s more dramatic when you have someone who is normally rough around the edges and you see him melt into the sensitive person that he is on the inside.
     This past month has really been a month of family. We are all so much closer. All of us. I am VERY thankful for that. To watch the transformation between Cody and Rick and their relationship, it has touched my heart and given me hope that relationships can repair and be better for it in the end.
     As we come to one of my FAVORITE holidays of the year, I have so much for which I am thankful.
     I am thankful for my kids! What amazing people :)
     I am thankful for Rick. We have become so much stronger these past few months. Sometimes change IS for the better! I am proud of both of us. I am VERY excited about our future.
     I am thankful for the health of my loved ones and friends. I am able to share this incredible life with many people, and I only hope that they are around for much longer!
     I am thankful for forgiveness. I have chosen to forgive some people in my life, and that is such an incredible feeling.
     I am thankful to have all my family together this year for Thanksgiving!
     I hope your day of thanks is as wonderful as mine!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i have been thankful for the nice and considerate conversations we have been able to have the past few months. it means so much to me to be able to get past the "crap" and get to the goodness. :) Thanks for helping us to get past our differences and letting me be me and you be you.

Stephanie