Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good news or bad news??

     Which first? Or, I suppose it's really how you look at things to decide if it's even bad news in the first place. Hmmmm.
     Guess I'll start there. I did not go to the WWer's meeting last night, which I totally planned on right up until about 4:00 p.m.
     Rick decided it was car maintenance night, so I had to take my car down to the shop for all of the getting ready for winter stuff (oil change, anti-freeze in the radiator, flush this, flush that, yada, yada).
     Really I am not complaining because I totally appreciate that I have someone who can do that kind of stuff for me. But, it did throw a wrench (pun intended) into my plans. I couldn't just take his car because it was being worked on, too.
     The good news is that we turned the night into a date night, since we are kidless this week.
     First of all, I love watching Rick work. I find everything so interesting, mostly because it's all a mystery to me. What goes where and what sort of tool you need to even put what where it goes. It's a foreign world to me, and I just love asking questions and learning all about whatever it is that we are doing to the car at the moment.
     What I love about mechanics the most is that it's all about problem solving. You have a problem (a noise, or a rattle or...), and you have to figure out first what's causing the problem, and then how to fix it.
     OK, so after we tinkered, we decided to go to dinner (another thing NOT in the plan). We had a delightful dinner.
     I ordered a burrito, but in the end I only ate half of it (maybe even a little less), but that's because we gorged on chips (two bowls between the two of us before our dinner came).
     Then today I didn't feel guilty about the dinner, mostly because I have been eating well. I do PLAN on going to WWers next Wednesday.
     Right now is the right time to re-focus my efforts. I feel like I am maintaing, which is good, but I need to be losing.
     With cheerleading wrapping up, I will have some more personal time back, which I know then I won't feel so bogged down in all the things I need to finish and never feel like I have enough time to do so moments!! LOL.
     In the end, maybe it's just no news? I can hardly believe that another week has almost passed us by!
     It's only 55 days until this year is over, and we all start making our resolutions. Me? My plan is to use this next 55 days to my advantage and get a jump back onto the road I want to head down!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hey, I'm right there with ya Trisha! Things are slowing down a bit...time to step it up and find something new to do (I can't ride my bike in the snow). Yoga on Mondays at VG!!!

You are way ahead of me with the auto maintenance! We don't even have our patio furniture in the garage yet, YIKES! It is coming soon!

tRiShA said...

Amy...where did your blog go? I miss it, and I wanted to reply back to ya!