Thursday, December 11, 2008

Yeah! Good first week back :)

      So, I lost 2.6 pounds this first week back, and that is super cool since I didn't go all out by any means!
     I like the new program they rolled out last night. First off, they now say that you should drink six eight-ounce glasses of liquid a day, and technically you can count tea, diet pop, milk, etc. Of course, they still say and stand by that water is the best...but, if you can get your liquids by including other stuff, they are counting it.
      I thought about how I just don't drink much at all of ANYTHING. So, I decided my goal this upcoming week would be to consume 60 ounces of liquid a day, and I am going to include milk, coffee, and tea in that. I only ever drink one coffee a day, so that won't be a biggie.
      Then, once I reach that goal, I am going to make the goal be all about water, not counting the other stuff in my liquid intake.
      I also like that they now count exercise as one of their healthy guidelines (which now are nine in number instead of the eight before).
      And, the neat-o thing on the new weekly tracker is a section at the bottom to track your hunger and how you feel at different times of the day.
      I think that's important to consider both how hungry you are and also where that hunger is originating (like emotions, stress, true hunger, etc.)
      So, I am feeling re-motivated ;) Two weeks in a row of going to the meetings, and I can't wait until next week to see how it goes!

No comments: