Thursday, May 28, 2009

On the mend!

     It's been a whirlwind, for sure, but I think I am ALMOST back to some semblance of a normal life, whatever that might be.
     Last weekend was a good one, overall, but it was busy as usual (as is the one coming up).
     Jordan had a baseball game in Moses Lake on Saturday, so that took up most of the day, and I returned home with a lovely sunburn!
     Then Sunday we went for a horse ride, which was very relaxing (but not soothing on that sunburn on the back of my legs, especially when we headed down the hills!).
     So, I know I melted some calories away while riding, and I am very much looking forward to riding regularly when summer comes along!
     We did attend a BBQ at the Koski house that evening, and BOY we just love that family!!! The food was great, and I did not overeat.
     Monday rolled around, and we headed out on the motorcycle for a beautiful ride!
     But, starting Sunday evening, I started feeling quite conjested! By Monday afternoon it was far worse, and Monday night I was a mess!
     I don't know if it's a cold or if it's allergies, but whatever it is, I don't like it one bit!
     I am guessing it might be a combination of a cold and allergies (since I did have a fever), and today I am feeling much better!
     I did finally go for a walk yesterday at lunch, which was the first bit of exercise I have done in too long!
     I did get all coughy and felt like I might lose a lung, but the fresh air felt good :)
     I have not been drinking enough lately, so I need to focus on that!! My eating has been OK, and I am looking forward to starting up the bike in the morning again.
     The really great news is that even though life has been a bit nutso, I only gained one pound in the past three weeks!! I am OK with that, especially since I feel like I am reeled back in now.
     And, I weigh less right now than I weighed last summer! I can really tell the difference, as I have been wearing shorts and capris that last year fit snugly, and this year are loose.
     I also hope to return to my normal blogging! So, stay tuned :)

No comments: