Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The big day circled on my calendar

     It's sort of strange that I have a countdown to when I am going to start the weight loss program. At least it feels weird.

     It feels far away, too. Feb. 12. It is two weeks from yesterday. I know my planning will make this more successful.

     I have had a couple people question why I don't just start. I think that it will be more beneficial for me if I wait, as far as the contest goes.

     Since it is a percentage of weight loss for the Biggest Loser competition, I don't want to lose five pounds before I even start the contest.

     But, it is definitely ticking closer, and I am feeling anticipation and excitement. And, with this delayed start of sorts, I feel more prepared.

     We are headed to Wenatchee this weekend, so I can buy some shoes (I have a favorite brand that we cannot buy here), and some comfy exercise clothes.

     As well, we are going to do some major grocery shopping from my gi-normous list for the month of February.

     My biggest fear at this point is that I will injure myself when I start the program. My hips have been really sore lately, and I just don't want anything to pose as a roadblock to my program.

     I think I am going to try and go into the gym or at home do a little bit of walking (not so much massive cardio) to allow my body the chance to warm up.

     As well, I have been drinking more water, not quite to my goal level yet, but I have improved and each day I challenge myself to drink just a little more.

     With that plan, hopefully when I officially kick this off, I will be drinking around 80 ounces a day.

     Besides getting healthy, I want to stay healthy. I am a bit nervous about the whole gung-ho attitude and overdoing it and burning out.

     I do, however, want to win the money. And, this start will make a dramatic difference for this upcoming summer when he have a couple of big celebrations planned.

     Thirteen days and counting.

     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: