Monday, January 15, 2007

This and that

Today, I have a compilation of things I want to share. First off, I would like to share about this weekend, including this morning.
I have been employing the ideas behind flylady.com, and I am de-cluttering my life, which feels OUTSTANDING.
One of the ways I have been working at this is I will set the timer for 15 minutes and just tackle a project (there are plenty of them).
Then I will set the timer for 15 minutes and exercise, whether it is just dancing around to '80s big hair band music or doing jumping jacks and situps.
It really helps you feel accomplished, and that you are truly making progress, progress that you can see.
OK, so now for some really random stuff. This month is National Oatmeal Month. I love oatmeal. What a great thing to eat any time of the day.
This week is also National Fresh Squeezed Juice Week. I really can't remember the last time I squeezed my own juice.
I don't have a fancy appliance to help me with that, but I do know how much I enjoy freshly squeezed juice. Hmmm . . . I just bought some big, juicy oranges yesterday.
On an important note, today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. I am fascinated by this man's perseverance in the face of such adversity. I am proud that he stayed with his peaceful and non-violent ways.
I am saddened that he was assassinated. He could very well be alive today, and we can only wonder how different our world might be.
Thinking about what struggles he faced, I think about what few struggles I have to face in my life and that I am very fortunate.
So, when we want to whine or make excuses for not reaching our own goals, they seem so insignificant.
And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: