Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Yada, yada

     My mind is a jumble this morning with all sorts of things. So, yup, this will be another one of those random blogs.

     I am excited for the Super Bowl this Sunday, and I will blog more about that later - about surviving all the snacks - and some ideas I have for some yummy, healthy ones.

     I read three different magazines last night while watching "American Idol." They were all about health and fitness, and I found some fantastic ideas and tips.

     First, I liked the idea of taking a picture of me in the same clothes each week, so that I can see a transformation over time.

     This isn't anything new, as they do this on "The Biggest Loser" competition (you can see the cool "slide show" pics of contestants online).

     But, I guess I just did not think about doing that for me. I am going to, and I need to figure out all the little things like making sure the camera is at the same distance, yada, yada.

     Then I read a great tip about snacking. You should place whatever you are going to snack on a plate or bowl.

     This way you are not just eating endlessly and directly out of the bag or box in which the snack came.

     Speaking of snacks . . . today is National Popcorn Day! I love it, and I love those little mini-bags of microwave popcorn even more.

     I think it's right on that companies are catering to those of us who have portion control issues. A little bag of popcorn is 100 calories, and I plan on celebrating that tonight!

     Finally, my last completely random piece of information is about a soup recipe that I found in one of the magazines last night.

     I love acorn squash, and I had never even thought of making it into a soup! I am going to try this on Thursday night. Stay tuned on how it turns out.

     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: