Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Halfway?

     OK, now it is really starting to sink in. Today is the start of second semester, which means obviously that the year is half over.

     I feel like someone should pinch me because I don't know how time can go that quickly.

     The old me would be lamenting about what I did not do since school started (as far as losing weight), but I will have none of that.

     I have such a great plan! I have never felt this prepared to start working toward my goal.

     I have been working on a menu planner that will last the entire month of February.

     With this menu planner, I am figuring out all of my meals, my family's meals (sometimes the same), and all the necessary ingredients that I need to buy at the store.

     Several times in the past I have cooked with my girlfriends on a Saturday and we will prepare 15 meals for our families.

     So, this is somewhat the same concept. And, it helps that I love to cook. I am planning it all out, and I will be doing as much prep work as possible.

     I have ordered a new sports bra, and I know the exact shoes I want to buy, but I just need to make a trip to Wenatchee because nobody sells them around here.

     Next up in the planning stages is for me to figure out what exercise I am doing, when, where, etc.

     I am actually going to create a schedule (kind of like the boys' chore chart when they were little, not that I think exercising is a chore!) and map out my exercise.

     I am definitely going to join the Biggest Loser competition at the gym, which starts Feb. 12 (the second flight).

     That will give me even more motivation. I could definitely use the $1,000 prize, especially a month before Cody's graduation and summer.

     Also, I am thinking about joining Weight Watchers. I haven't decided yet if I want to or not, but I have been doing some investigating.

     Another great part of my plan is that I am working on a big vacation for us. I think we are going to Disneyland or maybe Las Vegas after school is out.

     Planning a trip will sever as MAJOR motivation, since I will want to wear cute summer clothes and a bathing suit.

     With lots of motivation and lots of preparation, I am starting to feel really excited about the last half of this school year!

     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: