Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Here's the skinny


     When I started this endeavor the first day of this month, I weighed in at 247 pounds. Many people are shocked when they hear that number, as I guess, I "carry my weight well."
     Now, I weigh in at 231 pounds. But, the real milestones to me are when I move down into a different 10-pound range. From the 40s, to the 40s, and I am almost into the 20s. I don't remember the last time I was in the 20s.
     My ultimate goal during the challenge is to move that weight marker from the 200 to the 150 mark. Even if I weigh 199 pounds, just one pound shy of that 200 marker, that will be success.
     Eventually, I hope to reach the 40s, again, but in the 100 rather than 200 category.
     Past the pounds, I will find out the change in my fat percentage, which I will share, too. I would share my starting point, but I don't remember what it was, so I need to find out. I know it was recorded at the gym.
     Even more exciting to me is the change in pants size. A month ago I wore a tight size 20, and I bought a pair of size 18 pants, which I donned for the first time last week, and they fit.
     Not only did they fit, but I could breathe, and I did not have to do any fancy tricks to put them on.
     Tomorrow I am going to go buy a pair of the same pants (they are so cute), but in a size 16, maybe even the next pair down, a size 14.
     It's amazing the difference a person can see in just one month. I feel so motivated for this next month.
     And, I was just thinking this morning how I cannot wait until day 100. I cannot wait to see me on May 11.

No comments: