Monday, February 6, 2006

Today did not feel like a manic Monday!

     I really am into this exercising in the morning. I cannot believe the energy I have for the day, and what is even better, I am not so rushed in the morning.
     It's true. I used to wake up at the last possible minute, garnering every drop of sleep left, and then run around like a wild woman trying to ready myself to head off to work.
     Instead, I have been making sure everything is ready the night before, and I find that after I come home from the gym I still have 15 minutes of down time before I even need to jump in the shower.
     I never realized how nice this quiet time is, only 15 minutes. I usually find myself writing (this blog, or catching up on e-mails) or reading. The house is so peaceful, and I enjoy the reflective time I have by myself.
     Anyone who knows me knows that I go a million miles a minute all day long, and that I am almost always doing something for someone. This time in the morning really is precious.
     In addition to my workout this morning, I played some racquetball this afternoon with my son, and then heaved the weights with my step-daughter. My muscles are tired, and I am happy.
     I am definitely seeing the stress relief benefits of exercising. I feel like my stress level is much lower than normal, yet I have the same amount of potential stress in my life.
     The only thing I really don't like about exercising is the sweating. And, boy do I sweat!
     Even if I wash my face a bazillion times a day, it still breaks out whenever I first start exercising. Not only do my muscles hurt, but also I feel like one of the teen-agers I teach.

No comments: