Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Two weeks later and 12 pounds lighter

     Two weeks! Yes, two weeks! I am even more excited about this milestone than last week! I just feel like I have such a direction and purpose.
     I have lost 12 pounds in two weeks. Only 88 to go. I know it is the easy weight that comes off first.
     Nonetheless, as I was walking through the grocery store, I stopped and picked up two five-pound bags of sugar and thought, "These are not on my body any more!"
     I find myself wanting to exercise all the time. I started walking with my co-worker, Kathleen, at lunch three times a week, in addition to my daily morning workout on the bike and my daily weight training workout in the evening.
     By the way, the book is really intriguing right now, and I find it hard to stop riding because I want to keep reading! I am more than halfway through, and I am starting to think about what my next book should be.
     I made it through Valentine's Day without a hitch! That's two tough events in three days (movie on Sunday). And, if you add those to the Super Bowl, I feel like I am starting to conquer the special events that are normally infused with food.
     Not only am I handling those events, but I am also realizing that I can have fun and enjoy myself just as much without all of the extra food weighing me down.
     It's not to say that I won't enjoy overeating and indulging on occasion. It is to say that I won't use an occasion as an excuse to over-eat or indulge.
     Thankfully my family, friends and students all know what I am trying to do, and in an effort to support rather than sabotage me, they were all thoughtful about their gifts.
     I would have to say the most unique gift I received was a bag of acorn squash and a stuffed animal from my son Cody. His friends who took him shopping didn't quite understand. I, on the other hand, was deeply touched!
     He knows how much I like them, and he said, "Since I didn't want to get you chocolate, I thought you would like these." They will be a yummy addition to dinner tonight.
     I am so thankful for all of the support from family, friends and even strangers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

     Mrs. Bradley, you are looking great. Keep up your great work. Have a nice day.