Saturday, January 10, 2009

Motivation!

     Motivation, according to dictionary.com is "the psychological feature that arouses an organism to action toward a desired goal."
     What mentally pushes a person to do something to reach his/her goal or dream.
     Lately I have had a couple of things that have motivated me towards being healthy, towards being the person I am supposed to be on the outside, the physical body that matches who I am on the inside.
     Cody deployed on Friday, and we know he will be gone for a minimum of seven months. How wonderful would it be to lose weight and take care of myself, so that the next time my son comes home, towards August, that he will be so proud of me. He's always telling me that I deserve everything in this world because of how hard I work and take care of everyone.
     Another motivator...Rick and I have been talking more seriously about getting married (a discussion that we have had off and on). He loves me no matter what I look like, but I want to be healthy when we finally do the deed, LOL.
     My health is a BIG obvious motivator. I snore at night, which I hate. It affects me because I feel tired all the time since I am not sleeping soundly, and I feel TERRIBLE for Rick. When I lose weight, my snoring goes away.
     Also, I don't know what the deal is with this, but I have also been experiencing pain and numbness in my arms at night. With all the research I have found that it is likely a pressure point issue for when and how I am sleeping. Nonetheless, it hurts!
     My friend, who is going to start weighing with me weekly and who was also going to WWers, is experiencing severe hip pain that she had before losing all her weight.
     SO, WE KNOW THAT WE NEED TO LOSE THE WEIGHT!!! Isn't that enough motivation?

No comments: