Saturday, January 10, 2009

Still going...

     I haven't blogged because I haven't felt like I had much to blog about here, and because I am busy!
     I was even considering taking this blog ofline, and I thought about it for a long time!
     This February, it will have been three years since I started this blog in the first place.
     I still haven't lost the weight, although I know right this moment that I don't weigh what I did when I started this process.
     So, in deciding to keep this going or not, I have thought about how I am not quitter, and how this is MY life, and that I have struggled with losing weight and STAYING committed to doing that forever.
     So, I am going to keep blogging, although no promises on how often, other than at least once a week.
     I have not been to WWers since December 17th, and I know that I will not be going back until February.
     I am directing the play at the high school, so I can't make any of those evening meetings.
     But, I do plan on going back in February NO MATTER WHAT!
     The good news is that I am going to weigh weekly with my friend (a fellow WWer, who also has not been going to meetings!). We are going to weigh today, so I will post my weight later today or tomorrow.
     We have both decided that we are going to work on a few things specifically until we return to meetings in February.
     Water is going to be our first goal. Although, WWers has changed now that rather than just being water, it's a total of liquid in a day...I am still going to shoot for 64-ounces of water in a day.
     I KNOW how much I feel better when I drink enough water!! I know!
     And, we are going to also focus on exercising at least three times a week, some sort of cardio. My goal is to still cross-country ski at least once a week (which means I have to go today or tomorrow for this week!), and then ride the recumbent bike or walk two other days.
     And, rather than procrastinate (who me?), I am going to try to get the two days in right at the beginning of the week, with the hope, of course, that then I will exercise some extra days, too.
     Last, we plan on eating healthy and smaller portions, but not counting all the points.
     That's the plan. I haven't given up. And, in the end, I know what I need to do...we all KNOW. It's truly a matter of making it a priority.

No comments: