Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Miss me??
So much has been happening the last week. I can’t believe how long it has been since I blogged!!! ZOIKS!!! It has almost been a week L I am sooo sorry to my faithful readers who I have neglected. I beg your forgiveness.

First let’s talk about the weigh-in. I did gain .8 this week, but I am OK with that, because we did eat out and have some celebrations. Plus I am pretty sure that TOM is dawning soon.

Last week’s weigh - 190
This week – 190.8
Gain of .8

More maddening to me is the ever elusive 180s!!! The 190s seem to be holding on for dear life! SIGH—Patience middle aged grasshopper.

Rather than do some crazy day-by-day rerun of events, I will instead summarize the past week as regarding my health goals.

Vitamins – hit and miss if I take them every night. Sometimes I forgot or fell asleep before taking them.

Water – I seem to be struggling with this. Some days I barely got over the 100 ounces threshold, and a couple of days, I only drank 75 ounces. I need to DEFINITELY refocus this effort.

Exercise – I am absolutely happy with my efforts in this arena! I have worked out every day for at least 45 minutes (and, 500+ calories), and most days have included double workouts (700+ calories burned). I have ZERO problems rolling out of bed at 5 a.m., and today was the first day in a month that I thought about not going in the morning because I was so exhausted, but I knew I would regret exchanging the extra hour of sleep for no morning exercise. SO, the NEW Trisha won out, and I did head to the gym!

Calories – I have easily eaten my 1000 calories, and most days I have been in the 1500 range.

Fruits and Veggies – I continue to eat enough of these, and I continue to use my snack bags and have the veggies all prepped, so that I do ensure eating enough. This has become a life change and part of my healthy habits and routine.

Discoveries:

I exercise better with gum!I have said this before. I now feel like a gum hoarder, as I have packs of gum everywhere…in my: gym bag, gym locker, car, desk drawer, house, purse. You name it! If you need gum, you know where to find me :)

I tried some of those prepared hard-boiled eggs from Eggland’s Best. I did this because they were half-off in the clearance items, so I got six of them for $1.25, which is close to the price of regular eggs, that aren’t already conveniently cooked and peeled. I WAS VERY SKEPTICAL—as many people must also be, given that there were several of these bags in the clearance section. BUT, I was pleasantly pleased!! They were tasty (once I added my spices), convenient , easy, and fast. I won’t probably buy them again, unless they are sitting all lonely in the clearance section!!

I love my Kindle Fire! I listen to the both Pandora and I HEART Radio while I am working out, and I can read on several of the cardio machines I do, so I have just finished a book this week!! I swear, I end up in a zone, where I am absorbed by the music and the book, and the next thing I know my 45 minutes is up! It goes by so fast!! I might be triple-tasking, but it is nice when I am all done. I feel like I have nurtured my body, my mind, and my soul!!

I feel really lucky because I have obviously have this positive energy thing going right now. I am all amped up by what the universe has been bringing to me this past couple of weeks. LOVE IT!

March Madness has begun for sure!
Girl Scouts = meetings, cookie delivery and sales, World Thinking Day, serving dinner at Hot Meals Ministry, special Sunday celebration in Oroville--March is a busy month for us in Girl Scouting!
NHS = We had our applications, Faculty Council, and tonight our Induction Ceremony.
Cheer= We have tryouts this month, so that includes an orientation meeting, practices, and actual tryouts!
Softball = We had sign-ups this week.
School = Holocaust survivor and then Read Across America Day in the same week.
Violin = our little one has started lessons again.
YEARBOOK = My yearbook class is selling concessions at MORP this Friday. And, then we have an alumni bball tourney- this is quite a bit of organization, but a decent fundraiser.
Union = We had a meeting, I am organizing t-shirts with our newly designed logo, and we are having a family bowling day, too this month!
Oyster feed at the Elks- YUMMY!!

FFA Auction next Saturday - our little one made an incredible bird house (also completed in March) that we are hoping to bid on and WIN at the auction.
Hair appointments.
Dentist appointment to finish up my root canal with the filling.

Then add in working out at least once a day, but trying for twice a day. And, normal life things like grocery shopping, laundry, cooking, and cleaning. PHEW!

But, I will be ending the NUTSO month with a trip to VEGAS :)))

No comments: