Friday, August 10, 2007

Ask and YOU shall receive!!


     I was just talking about squeezing every last drop of summer out, and VOILA, I received a message yesterday saying that school would be starting the Tuesday after Labor Day instead of the Wednesday before!!!
     I am constantly amazed at how when you start thinking of things in a positive manner, they truly do take on a positive light.
     I have always been really hard on myself, and I also believe that my mind can be cynical although I like to say that it is being realistic. Semantics, I suppose.
     Well, this summer I have been TRYING to look at the positive of each situation that I have faced that normally I would have thought was not so swell.
      Aldous Huxley once said, "Experience is not what happens to a man. It is what a man does with what happens to him." I do believe that what we perceive to be a negative experience is actually a positive opportunity.
     When I decided at the beginning of summer to look at things with this attitude, I cannot believe how much my life has changed.
     OK...I am struggling with one thing today, well, it's been for about a month or so.
     I have misplaced something really important. I NEED to find it! I am wondering is this search (trust me, it has been extensive!) teaching me a lesson? Patience?
     And, I don't normally misplace things as this, and I am hyper organized with items like this...but, alas, I cannot find it. SIGH.
     SO, send out your positive vibes to the universe for me, OK? Today, I finally prayed to Saint Anthony, maybe I will find it!
     OK, so I am asking!!! Will I receive???
     Moving on. Last night Rick and I made homemade pizza. It was SOOOOO yummy with fresh veggies and stuff. Also, we made a super thin crust (on accident), but it was perfect.
     I had three SMALL slices, and I was totally filled up. I just love that we controlled what we put on it and how much, and it was NOT greasy at all!
     Good news on the water front! I made my lime and mint non-alcoholic mojito, and MY OH MY, I drank half of the HUGE pitcher!! Woo hoo!
      No purposeful exercise, but I did work in the yard and cleaned my car out (which was a gi-normous job)!
     OK, to close today, I want to share a quotation with you. Tell me what you think about it!
      Herman Hesse wrote in one of his books, "If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is a part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us."

No comments: