Wednesday, August 22, 2007

O FRABJOUS DAY!


     A look or something someone says, a picture, a smell, or a song, or maybe even a line from a book or a poem (my title today comes from Jabberwocky, the first poem I ever memorized!)...any of those can evoke a memory.
     Today's pic is one of Jordie and his best friend Dylan. This is a picture of an important ritual. We always stop and take the pic at that sign as they are headed to church camp each year.
     This particular pic makes me think of all sorts of things from friendship to fun to family to crazy car rides.
     Cody was on the trip from this pic, so even though he is not in the pic, it still makes me think of him.
     Speaking of Cody, I had a terrible and scary dream about him Tuesday night. It freaked me out to the point of waking up in tears (that has never happened to me before).
     I have been having very vivid dreams of late. I don't know if it is what I am eating or perhaps reading or watching on television, but YOWSER!
     Today is a milestone day! Today my blog reached over 10,000 hits, and that is just since March of this year (6 months).
     I am so appreciative of my readers and for the opportunity to write, something I so dearly love to do, and without this blog wouldn't.
     Yesterday I ate well. We did buy Papa Murphy's pizza since we were hauling hay, and I only ate one piece. I just wasn't very hungry.
     Hauling hay was quite the adventure, including dealing with a blown tire on the trailer as we were driving down the highway (that was scary!).
     But, all is good, and we were just very tired last night (maybe that's what was the deal with the freaky dreams is all about).
     We continued hauling tonight, and tonight I was NOT good in the eating department, as I broke down and went to Dairy Queen, and I ate a cheeseburger and a medium (not small) Blizard.
     I am not going to beat myself up about it though because I have been eating really well, and I did work very hard today.
     To close, I was thinking that I would remind you to think about a REALLY great memory from this summer. I know mine has been quite MEMORABLE! Callooh, callay!

No comments: