Saturday, August 11, 2007

He's leaving





     I can hardly believe it, but we just received the news and my baby is leaving TOMORROW afternoon at 5 p.m. for the Marines.
     I am excited for him, but at the same time I am really bummed that one of my closest friends in this world is leaving.
     I am so close to Cody, and I have always been, but really this past year when he turned eighteen our relationship changed, in a good way.
     We have had a fun day today, as we all (Cody, Michael, Sarah and me) went up to Green Lake to watch Rick and the guys run their boats.
     Of course, that turned out to be an adventure in which Cody went diving for the top of Rick's boat!
     We are going to go to the rodeo tonight and spend some quality family time together.
     Then tomorrow I am driving Jordie and his best friend up to church camp (and, now Cody has agreed to ride with me), then back here to say good-bye as the recruiter drives my baby away.
     I am proud. I am sad. I don't want him to go, but I know that he will do awesome. Already he has goals as to what he wants to accomplish before he is out of boot camp (what class he wants to be, etc.).
     Keep us all in your thoughts!

No comments: