Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Observe, won't you?

     Today my morning walk was wonderful. Even though it was a little chilly, it was still a peaceful walk.
     I love it when the world is waking up, and it's just a new day.
     Yesterday evening, I was able to talk my friend and her family into going for a walk. We even took the two dogs, and they both needed to walk (one older and a little heavy, for the other her first walk on a leash!).
     It was such a relaxing and nice time, and we were doing something healthy.
     One of the other great things about walking relates to the old cliche of stopping to smell the roses. I know, I know. Technically, when you walk, you are moving.
     But, you do slow down a bit and fully take in your surroundings. I know you know what I am talking about!
     Have you ever driven by somewhere a zillion times but never noticed a house or something? Then when you walk, you notice it?
     It's just that whole be aware of what is in your life. I have been really thinking about that lately.
     Between exercising, cleaning (deep cleaning), and walking around, I am all about OBSERVING.
     Sometimes when you are so busy and have everything going on in your life that you do, you miss things, you forget to stop and smell the roses.
     To say good-bye today, I just want to tell you that if you are not our moving and observing, you should. I can't believe the difference it makes!

No comments: