Thursday, June 28, 2007

Take a deep breath, and go for a jog!

     I missed yesterday's blog, sorry. It was beyond a hectic day. When I sat down at the end of the day, I just could not believe how much running around I did and how many stressful sitations had happened.
     I was a bit overwhelmed with several things going on (you know the old saying that when it rains it pours...), so I went for a two-mile walk with Jordie last night, and I felt much more calm when we returned home.
     Right now I have some big things happening in my life, and it feels really good that exercise is helping me to deal with them, as opposed to eating.
     Normally, I am VERY much a stress eater! I mean it...if I am worried or angry or sad, HELLO Ben and Jerry, my two new best friends!
     However, this time around, I am finding much more solace in being physical and working out that stress.
     That, and I feel like exercising really helps me keep in a postive frame of mind. One thing that is amazing to me is that there are people in the world who relish when other people hurt or are dealing with tough situations. I truly do not understand that mentality.
     I am a strong person, and I will only become stronger by making some really difficult life decisions.
     The two things I am most proud of right now is that I am choosing to do things that are right and good for me. And, in dealing with those decisions I am also choosing to be healthy, both in eating and exercise.
     Well, I am off for a walk!

No comments: