Monday, August 18, 2008

Another reason to love summer!

      The Olympics! I KNOW I have already blogged about them, but since we were gone on vacation and missed a week of them, we are totally catching up on everything!!
      What's funny is that Rick is not a huge sports fan. I know, I thought all men had that gene; I guess that's why they call it a stereotype?
      Anyhoot. He LOVES to watch the Olympics! He totally gets into it. We root for our favorites, and now with the Internet, I love looking up back stories or researching tidbits.
      Some of my favorite athletes are the old farts! You know the ones my age and above competing (and winning) in sports dominated by teenagers!
      There are two women in that category. US swimmer Dara Torres (42), who is a five time Olympian, and German gymnast Oksana Chusovitina (33), who won a team gold back in '92. Both have lived such incredible lives and have inspiring life stories.
teenagers!
     The Olympics are truly an example of the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat!

No comments: