Sunday, August 3, 2008

Who doesn't love a dunk tank???

     I am not saying that I know anyone that might be in the dunk tank at the Stampede, but if I did know someone, she MIGHT be in it this Thursday evening from 6-7, maybe.
     I heard that the dunk tank will be by the Stampede Office, and it's a funny thing how it all came about.
     Basically the Chronicle ran a poll about fundraising and the new Stampede arena. The question was during the week of July 16-22, and it asked: How should the city of Omak make up the difference between what the state provided and the cost of the new Stampede arena?
     One of the answers (and, the number one favorite) was to place the Omak City Councilmembers in a dunk tank. And, there you have it, a fundraiser idea is born!
     Somehow my name was tossed out there as a possible willing participant. I did use to hold a City Council position for Leavenworth, but that feels like ages ago! LOL.
     Anyhow, it's for a good cause, and I hope to see the fundraiser earn some decent money!
     I know there will be lots of other fun people to dunk, so definitely check it out while you are wandering around down there.

No comments: