Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Fun exercise!

      Today and yesterday we have gone swimming (and, will for the rest of the week), and I LOVE it!
      The water is totally refreshing, not too cold, not too hot, but juuuuuuust right!
     Both days I have also included some water aerboics in my routine of lap swim. I use a noodle in the deep end, and then I run in place or do cross-country ski moves, etc.
      This morning I could actually feel that I had used those muscles! I do wish we had an indoor pool in this town that was available for public use.
      We do have horse lessons tomorrow, so that's more in the natural and fun exercise department! And, add in the horse riding around the pasture, too.
      Even more fun...for the past two days we have been walking (and driving) all over to follow the charm trail! Yup, we have been scavenge hunting for the charms for the Stampede 75th Anniversary charm bracelet.
      What a blast that has been! We have ran into old friends and even made some new ones! We have checked out businesses that we would never have otherwise. We have found some places that we will definitley frequent in the near future! Great marketing idea, indeed!
      It's been fun finding all the charms and marking them off our list. We only have four to go, and they will be in tomorrow, so then we will be good to go.
      Unfortunately, we won't be able to get ONE charm because the place that had them is not reordering (even though all the other businesses did!).
      I realize this charm bracelet took everyone by surprise, and it's been truly successful, but geez...if you are going to participate, UNICEL, then you should participate fully!
      Our bad for not doing it sooner!
      Today we also hit up the Farmer's Market, and boy it's abundant in yummy stuff right now!
      We bought apricots, nectarines, yellow beans, a homemade huckleberry and apple pie (she even makes sugar-free pies!), and corn. There was lots more to buy, and I was tempted by the watermelons, but that line was too long.
      We are having the beans tonight! Yummy!!
      Tomorrow's weigh-in, and I am a bit nervous, but I am prepared that even if I have a gain (pretty sure I do), it's just the reality check to get back on track!
      I am excited for our vacation next week because we are going camping, and I have already planned out our healthy meals and snack options! As well, we are going on a hike a day! I can't wait!! It will be a healthy and active vacation!

No comments: