Monday, April 16, 2007

Hello, old friend.

     WOW! It has been such a long time. This is the absolute longest I have gone without blogging.
     I have been out in Iowa City for a week, and you can also add on a travel day to both ends.
     It feels like I was away from home forever. I am VERY glad to be home and back to my normal busy routine.
     Yesterday, I was catching up on family time especially. We went up to Green Lake with a picnic and to race Rick's remote control hydroplane.
     What a relaxing time. The weather was really nice, and I just reflected on all sorts of things.
     Then when we returned home, I decided to open up my planner (which I have not looked at for around 10 days) to see how busy this upcoming week is going to be.
     Yup, right back to normal, BUSY.
     As for my trip to Iowa City, besides work, I did squeeze in some "me" time.
     I did not workout in the gym, but I did go on at least one long walk a day, out exploring. I even walked on the days it snowed!
     Eating...YIKES! As a group we went to really nice (fancy smancy) restaurants each night, and I did not make good choices. I also drank a beer with dinner each night, and I tried different kinds, as they had some regional microbrews that I had never had before.
     Lunch and breakfast were catered in, and mostly I made good choices there.
     I have not weighed in in so long, I don't know how much I even weigh. AND, I am being very honest...I DON'T WANT TO KNOW AT THIS POINT.
     I do know that I have gained some weight, as my clothes feel tighter, and I feel less comfortable in general.
     But, the good news is that I am on a different time schedule right now. So, this morning I woke up on my own at 4:30 and then I went back to sleep.
     I should take advantage of that and tomorrow go to the gym.
     I have read a lot over the past two weeks, lots of interesting health articles that I will share in the upcoming days.
     I also have a chiro appointment this week, which I am very excited about! My first one, but, boy do I need to go!
     Well, more tomorrow.

No comments: