Wednesday, December 12, 2007

A cup of tea? I'll take three, thank you!

     Tuesday evening I spent with my book group!! First you must know that one of my lifelong goals (on my offical 100 Things I Want to Do Before I Die list) was to be in a book group, so last year I started one!
     We have read some incredible books, and what I love most about the book group (besides the amazing company and incredible discussions) is that I am reading books that I would not normally pick up on my own.
     This month we also decided to have a dinner, and the five of us each brought a different course. Very fun!
     Our books thus far:

Wicked – Gregory Maguire

The Bluest Eye – Toni Morrison

Breaking Blue
– Timothy Egan

Eat, Love, and Pray – Elizabeth Gilbert

Griffin and Sabine – Nick Bantock

Three Cups of Tea – Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin

     Our next one is scheduled for February 4th, and we are reading Winterkill by Craig Lesley (a PNW author). If you are interested, send me an e-mail, we are always looking to include more people!!
     So, this month our book was Three Cups of Tea, and honestly it has really affected me. If you have not read it, include it on your Christmas list.
     The story is an inspirational true account of one man who was able to make a REAL difference in this world. Greg is a human being who faced many obstacles, and yet he held onto his dreams and goals and always remained hopeful.
     You learn so much from this book about values (especially about not judging others), education, history, politics, and what humans have to offer in this world.
      For more information and to find out how you can become a part of something tangible to leave the world a better place, go visit the website at http://www.threecupsoftea.com.
     Check it out!

No comments: