Thursday, April 16, 2009

Itty bitty, but still inching in the right direction!

     I lost .4 last night, and I will readily admit, I was MAD about it, and I felt all pouty.
     I did so much exercise that I really felt like I would've had a bigger loss on the scale.
     Even though I did not track points, I still felt like I ate respectably well, especially through Easter!
     So, I was sitting there with my lower lip out there enough for a bird to perch on it (or, so my dad would say), and then we had a GREAT WWers meeting that truly change my perspective around.
     I know, I know...a loss is a loss no matter how small! Blah, blah, right?
     Well, our leader had a demonstration that hit home. She first asked for any volunteers who thought they were strong. She went to the back row and had the people there try to rip a phone book in two.
     Of course, when they tried to do this by grabbing the phone book as a whole, it did not work.
     But, then when the leader grabbed the book and opened it up and tore a few pages at a time, you could visually see how it would be possible to rip that phone book into two pieces!!
     Then our leader went on to ask us all how many times that we had lost weight, but it was under a pound. It was crazy to look at the big picture like that!!!
     So many people had lost LOTS of weight in under one pound increments. That made me feel better.
     In the end, she used the "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." (Which by the way I have seen attributed to both Confucius and Lao-Tzu)

No comments: