Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something to think about

I have felt a little flat the past couple of days, lacking and zapped of energy, but this afternoon was a little better, thank goodness. I also had Aunt Flo come to visit this morning (at 4:10 a.m. with nasty, want-to-make-me-die-cramps). She's not a regular visitor, so I don't ever really know when she is coming, and more often than not, her visits are spaced out by a couple of months or so. Anyhoot...I was glad to realize there was a reason for being wiped out. I don't mean to offend anyone by sharing such personal info, but in reality, it's part of our lives and it can affect both our eating and exercising!!

I did rock my exercising today, as I worked out in my mini-boot fitness camp in the morning, and today we did ZUMBA! It was intense because we learned all the basic moves, and we did so for 60 minutes! Prior to that we warmed up for 20 minutes. Then, this afternoon I went to Zumba, and I had THE BEST workout I have had in a long time.

I also talked with Lydia (my Zumba instructor), and she talked to me about rest and recovery, which has piqued my research into the topic! So much info out there!! I do think that sometimes I OVER TRAIN...so, this was a good reminder and wake-up call.

The other thing I am VERY interested in is about my heart rate and how that relates to my exercising (and, more importantly my OVER exercising!) Wow! This is huge...read the article right here! I seriously think I am going to buy a heart monitor, and I have found that you can get a decent one for not too expensive!I am for sure going to focus on heart rate training these next couple of weeks!

UPDATE continued:
Eating RIGHT on target. Still clean, nothing processed :))))
Water...I feel like some days are harder than others to get it all in, but I do it.

No comments: