Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Creative camping!

     We are camping this weekend, and I am totally excited about it. It's just Rick and I, which we have gone on some children-less camp trips in the past, but this time we are taking the horses with us, too.
     I am very excited to go hiking and horseback riding and camping like a fool!
     I packed so many good and healthy things for our camp trip, that I can't imagine what Rick will think as I hand him each meal and snacks in between!! LOL
     It's not all regular camp food, so that will be interesting. I am going to make some delicious tin foil dinners that are sure to attract all the critters in the area.
     I am going to make a salmon one day with portobella mushrooms, and chicken and corn on the cob (with my yummy spread - instead of butter I use fat free sour cream, cilantro, and lime juice to slather the corn) another night.
     Then the best find in my mind (although a little spendy) was the chicken sausage that has artichokes and mozzarella in it!! They are only 100 calories for one!!!
     I packed tons of fruit and veggies, and flat bread for sandwiches, and yogurt for breakfast!
     I know this trip will be a blast! I will update ya when we return :)

No comments: