Monday, February 26, 2007

Did the alarm go off already?


     SIGH. What a long week, last week turned out to be. I survived though, and now I have some new plans for this week.
     First off, we had a great trip to Spokane! We went ice skating, and the kids all did fantastic in their National History Day competition.
     In all, four kids are moving onto the state competition in May, but I truly am proud of all of them.
     Let's talk about exercise for the weekend first. I walked quite a bit on Friday, and I also ice skated. Putting the skates on felt like a workout in itself.
     Then Saturday we had some walking, not as much as on Friday, though. And, yesterday I did not exercise at all. (First day in a long while that I did not exercise.)
     Eating . . . well, I did not do as well as I would have liked. Friday I ate two jo-jos from a place in Lake Roosevelt.
     I must say, though, that normally I would have eating at least five and with sauce, so I did control my portion and I did not eat any sauce.
     But, I also ate three on the way back on home, so it ends up that I did eat five (which seriously would have been 10).
     Then Friday night after ice skating, we went to a hamburger place. I did eat a hamburger, French fries and a chocolate peanut butter milkshake.
     However, I bought a kid's meal, and I realized that it was plenty to fill me up and far cheaper than buying a regular-sized meal.
     I did eat well for breakfast, and I did have yummy, healthy snacks. Then for lunch I ate at a sub place, and I made the right choice there.
     So, all in all, my eating choices were mostly good, with some room for improvement. I am proud of my portion choices.
     Yesterday we went out to lunch and I ate half a sandwich and a cup of soup.
     I am certainly starting to figure out that I don't have to feel like I might explode in order to satisfy my hunger.
     I drank tons of water all weekend, and I did drink my quota, so that is improving, too.
     Now, for this week . . . life was suppose to slow down, remember? Both my boys start up their spring sport, and both have decided to play different ones. SIGH.
     And, my oldest is currently without a car, which means I am the taxi driver. Life feels very complicated.
     So, my plan this week is to take my clothes to school and work out while the boys are practicing.
     My workout may include a walk or working on the weights in our school weight room, or I could even run up to the gym and back, if I decide to do that.
     I could even take my step aerobics tape into the music room and work out there after school (the built-in steps in the room would work well).
     I am ready for this week. My food is all mapped out, and I am working on the water. I know I can make the exercise happen, too.
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: