Friday, February 16, 2007

Taking care of myself


     Yesterday I ate great, even without planning my dinner. I didn't drink enough water, though, and my lips are screaming about it. And, I did exercise.
     So, I have no idea what I was thinking but I did not plan my dinner, even though I knew that I would not be leaving the school until around 8 p.m.
     I ended up walking down to On the Avenue. Yes, walking. And, as I walked I planned what I would order.
     I ate half a turkey sandwich on multi-grain bread (with mustard) with a cup of French onion soup (no cheese), and I drank two glasses of water and a cup of decaf.
     I am taking notice of the fact that I can be satisfied on much smaller portions. Normally I would have ordered a full sandwich (and fries) and a bowl of soup.
     But, I did not feel hungry whatsoever after finishing what I ate for dinner. And, it is so nice to not feel overly full.
     As for exercising, it consisted of two different walks yesterday (even though I forgot my tennis shoes). I walked at lunch, and then I walked when I went to dinner.
     I drank water yesterday, but I only drank around 60 ounces, which is barely halfway to my daily quota (100 ounces).
     I am not sure what the deal was there, especially since with all of my planning. I brought a case of bottled water to school.
     I am definitely coming down with a cold. Grrr . . . as a new friend of mine just recently said, "It's frustrating when you are taking care of yourself."
     It is totally frustrating when you feel like you are making all the right choices to be healthy, and your health kicks in with something to send you on a detour (like a terrible headache or a cold).
     I am working out this afternoon after school (cold or no cold), and I plan on some workout time this weekend, too.
     Also, I really plan on some catch-up time in the sleep department! That is going to be major priority for me.
     I am glad that Monday is a holiday, as I can use the extra day to relax and hopefully fight off this cold.
     And, that's the last word, until Monday.

No comments: