Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Zzzzzz's please


     This morning I gave myself the OK to sleep in until 5:55. Last night I did not go to bed until after 10 p.m.; just too much stuff to do.
     My plan for exercise today is to head to the gym this afternoon/evening. I have all my clothes packed and ready to go in case I can slide in there right after school.
     I do have a couple of errands I have to run, so I might end up going a little later (after dinner), but I am worried that if I wait until then, I won't go.
     My schedule looks like I can go around 5:30, but I hate going at that time because it is super busy at the gym.
     So, I may wait and go a little later than that, so there won't be a bazillion people there.
     I don't really have a problem with being around people. It's just that I like certain machines. I guess you could say that I am territorial.
     Yesterday's eating was right on spot. I cannot believe the difference in my appetite and how I eat as long as I pack everything ahead of time.
     Water consumption was a little short. I just end up being so busy that I have a hard time making sure that I keep drinking. I am going to work on that today.
     Part of the reason that I slept in is that I don't want to end up exhausted and sick again, like last week.
     Also, I read a study about sleep deprivation and its effect on weight loss. Granted, the study used males as subjects, but it definitely had shocking results.
     Men who averaged four to seven hours of sleep per night for six nights in a row had increased levels of both insulin and glucose.
     Of course, we know that insulin increases the fat that the body stores, so not enough sleep can equal not shedding the pounds.
     Also today, I need to try and take a picture. I want to take a picture each week, and I forgot to take one on Monday.
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: