Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Yippie, yahoo!


     Howdy! Yesterday after school Jordie and I went and played three games of racquetball, and I definitely predict a win on his part soon.
     Then this morning, I somehow messed up my alarm (I have three on my phone), and I did not wake up until 5:45.
     Do not despair . . . I did not go to the gym, but I did wake up and do aerobics here at home, since I had slept in.
     I think I will go today again after school and ride the bike unless Jordie can come, and then we will play some more racquetball.
     I seriously could play racquetball every day and even a couple of times a day. It is the best workout!
     You sweat like crazy, your heart pumps away, and the best part is that you don't even notice how long you have been playing - especially if you are competitive. Then you pay attention only to the score, and the next thing you know you have been playing for an hour.
     Even with this hectic week, I am still exercising (and, boy it feels good), and I am eating great! I am good with the water, too.
     I have to say just one more time that I cannot believe the difference planning makes for me. I have all sorts of healthy snacks, and I don't have to worry about each meal.
     Granted, this is only day three, but I have not had any mindless or emotional eating because I am just following my plan.
     It makes tons of sense to me because I know how many people will find a diet book and follow it, and they have great results. It's all about planning, I think.
     OK, so today is Valentine's Day! Did you know that a box of chocolates with around 20 pieces weighs in at more than 1,200 calories and around 50 grams of fat?
     Yikes! Those little candy message hearts are only three calories each, so those won't break your diet by any means.
     I probably am going to give away all my chocolate I receive today because I could easily chow that down.
     I may have a bite of something today, if I feel like it, but that is the key - only a bite - and no more.
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: