Monday, February 12, 2007

Whoa-oa-oa!


     I feel good! I knew that I would! Now I feel good! I knew that I would! Now, so good, so good! Wow!
     To completely steal James Brown's lyrics, I mean it truly, completely . . . I do feel good and I knew that I would.
     This morning I woke up at 4:30, jumped out of bed (seriously, no lollygagging), put on my clothes (that I set out last night), and headed off to the gym.
     I rode the bike for 30 minutes (five miles) and read my book, "Wicked." And, I drank 24 ounces of water while at the gym.
     OH MY GOSH, I just can't believe how good I feel! I knew that I would (as the lyrics go), and I had just told my best friend yesterday how much better I feel when I work out in the morning.
     It was so nice to have everything ready and planned. I came home from working out, started the coffee and then took a shower.
     I ate a hard boiled egg (boiled three dozen eggs on Saturday) and a banana for breakfast, and now I am enjoying my coffee while writing this blog.
     My clothes are already set out for work, and my lunch and snacks are ready, too. Dinner is planned. Sigh.
     OK, so now for the not-so-great news. When I weighed this morning at the gym, I registered at 251.5 pounds.
     I must say though that I had just told my friend that I figured I weighed close to or just over 260 pounds, so the news was not as bad as I had prepared myself that it would be.
     When I started this whole thing last year, the scale was at 247 pounds, so I am pleased that I am not closer to 260.
     I had a super weekend filled mostly with family and friends. I went to coffee on Saturday morning with a girlfriend, and it was delightful.
     I need to make that a priority, catching up with friends, making better connections with people I enjoy.
     Rick's son Michael was home, too. And, we had a fun evening with him on Saturday. He is such a hoot.
     I did venture to the new Wal*Mart in Chelan (the new pick up and drop off for the boys when they go visit their dad), and as far as a Wal*Mart goes, it is a pretty nice place.
     This afternoon I will officially weigh in for the Biggest Loser competition. My appointment is at 4 p.m. and then I am headed home to start dinner.
     Tonight's the first night of my new book club, and I am excited about that, too. It's a busy week, as is next week, but I am READY!
     Guess what? I can't wait until tomorrow morning, seriously! That's right, I am back!
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: