Sunday, February 4, 2007

Super!


     This past weekend was a good one for me! I accomplished many things I wanted to do, and I spent time with family and friends.
     First, I went to Wenatchee with a huge list of things that I needed in order to be ready to start the competition next Monday.
     I am ready and raring to go, complete with new shoes, shorts, shirts and socks. I found everything for which I was looking.
     Then Saturday night we went over to our friends' house to watch the "Ultimate Fighting Championship."
     I originally thought I would not like it and that I was more going to spend time with my girlfriend (we ended up the only two girls there).
     I ended up liking it. There were times that it was a bit intense, but it was still fun to watch. It actually took me back to the days when I was a little girl.
     I remember watching boxing (entirely different fighting, for sure), and we would watch big Muhammad Ali fights.
     Anyhow, it turned out to be a fun time with great friends, and I couldn't help admire how in shape the fighters were.
     Then yesterday my sister came over. I don't feel like I have enough sister time ever. So, it was super to spend time with her. We always laugh and laugh.
     We all went to watch the Super Bowl at our friends' house. And, that was a great time with family, friends and food.
     But, I was good with the food. I did eat a little bit, but I also used the tiny paper plate to help me watch the portion control.
     I also stayed in the living room rather than hanging out and eating in the kitchen the entire time.
     I did not feel like I was going to burst or anything, and there was a ton of food. But, I also don't feel like I was deprived either; a happy balance.
     I am so ready to start next Monday! I am starting to get really excited about this challenge. I know I can do this!
     Something else I am really excited about is that this year I have been working on my plans and hopes for a year of change.
     One of those plans revolves around clutter. I have been doing such an awesome job of moving clutter out of my life.
     Not all the clutter yet, mind you, but enough that I can feel the difference in my life! And, boy it feels SUPER!
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: