Friday, March 20, 2009

Great workout yesterday!

     My workout yesterday rocked! I did a "warm-up" on the treadmill and then weights.
     For my treadmill work, I walked at a quick pace for 2 minutes to warm-up. Then I jogged for 2 minutes, walked for 1 minute, jogged for two minutes, and continued this for a total of 18 minutes! I logged 1.25 miles in that time.
     My short-term goal is to get up to jogging straight for a mile, with no walking.
     Then I lifted, and I had legs, biceps, and back. I am so impressed with how quickly my strength has improved.
     I love lifting weights! I feel so strong. I am looking forward to lifting this summer in the morning, so I get the metabolic boost for the day.
     This afternoon, I will get some cardio done on the treadmill, and then I lift chest, triceps, and shoulders, AND I am starting the first day of the hundred push-up program! I am excited :)
     I really feel motivated to workout, which is good! I think it has a lot to do with that there is a small group of us doing this now!! It's inspiring when you have other people along for the ride.
     I also notice myself planning more about my exercise. I am "scheduling" my times. For example, I know next week that on Monday I have a massage, so I am going to ride the bike in the morning NO MATTER WHAT!
     Then on Tuesday, Jordie has a baseball game, so I am planning to walk that afternoon outside before his game.
     I like the planning and scheduling and making sure that exercise is a priority, and that it is no different than if I had an appointment for anything else!

No comments: