Friday, March 13, 2009

March 13, 2009

Happy Friday the 13th, to you!

     Yesterday we had a trip to Wenatchee. I was thinking that we would either eat lunch at Sonic or Applebee's. First I wanted to go to Sonic, you see that has a connection to growing up, since we had Sonic in Texas when I was a little girl! But, when I looked up all of the points for even the so-called lighter choices, I was flabbergasted that a grilled wrap was 500+ calories, NO THANK YOU!
     Then I looked up Applebee's because I knew they had some WWer point meals. Well, come to find out there has been a major lawsuit filed against Applebee's for false advertising related to the points of their meals. I looked up some salads, and they were up in the 700 calorie category!
     Same with Red Robin! I did find that I could have a cup of onion soup and also a small dinner salad for not too many points.
     In the end we decided to go to Wok About Grill. I got all veggies, no meat, no noodles, no rice, and I used water and garlic only as my sauce. They only used water when they cooked it, and I did have them add some cashews for protein. In the end my lunch was 4 points! And, it was DELICIOUS!!!!     My fortune at lunch yesterday said: "Your choices at the moment will be good ones. Trust yourself." How perfect was that??? I decided to keep it :) Oh, and by the way, I didn't eat the cookie, just read my fortune :)
     Last night we went to the show (Benjamin Button, and it was SUPERB), and I took three fruit leathers (1 point each), and bought a package of Junior Mints and only ate sixteen of them (3 points), and then I also bought a huge bottle of water. I was in the movie for three hours, and I didn't feel hungry, and I was OK with Rick eating some popcorn. In the end our bill at the snack counter was cheaper, too!

No comments: