Saturday, July 23, 2011

I am still alive and kicking

PHEW...what a week. I didn't have easy access to the internet this last week (though I could walk down to Starbucks to get it), and I was wiped out with 6 a.m. until 11 p.m. non-stop days, so my blog was neglected. It was kinda nice to be unplugged :)

We had cheer camp in Ellensburg, which I love going to CWU, my alma mater!!! It always brings back such great memories, and reminds me how much I LOVE GOING TO COLLEGE. Seriously, if I could I would be a full-time student for the rest of my life!

I will just sum up the week, rather than go day-by-day.

Exercise:
Well, I had 40 stairs to get up to my dorm room. That was fun when I was hauling my 50-pound suitcase up! And, of course, 40 back down (yes, I counted). I made this trip at least 4 times a day, so that's at least 800 stairs for anyone keeping track.

We walked. And, we walked. Oh, and did I mention, we walked? We ate in the SUB building, and we cheered in the gym and field house. This was about half a mile(yes, I also google pedometered--I know that's not a word--it!). We walked 3 miles just in walking to and from meals, but we had lots of other walking, as well! We averaged 4 miles a day.

We danced! We cheered! We stunted! We moved!

I had originally planned on getting up in the morning to walk/jog, and that didn't happen. I needed my sleep more than anything!!! I was truly exhausted at the end of each day.

Eating:
I ate mostly healthy choices! Though not tons of opportunities for CLEAN.

Breakfast:
I did eat the scrambled eggs and usually the waffle or pancakes. I also had some form of fruit, usually a banana.

Lunch:
This varied. Usually sandwiches, always salad and veggies, and fruit, and cottage cheese. (Again, not able to control what kind of bread or cottage cheese.)

Dinner:
I loved the chicken breast and veggies night. Sometimes I had a PB&J sandwich on wheat, if the entree was too heavy. I always had veggies and fruit for dinner.

NO desserts ever, which wasn't even hard.

Water:
At least 100 ounces a day. It's a habit now, and if I don't drink it, I feel parched!

**********I did have an emotional day/evening on Thursday, after finding out about a close family friend who passed away on Tuesday :((( I really didn't feel like eating anything, and I was COMPLETELY WIPED OUT emotionally and physically. I will blog more about that later...too many tears right now :(

No comments: