Saturday, July 23, 2011

What a WALK!

I headed out in the heat of the day, and I walked 5 miles in 90 minutes! And, this was down Robinson Canyon, and then up Duck Lake, so I had some intense hillage to pound! The good thing is that I didn't even jog, and I am on pace to meet the deadline for the half-marathon in December!!

I was sweating like crazy, and it felt so good to burn off some of that toxic stress I had in my body. I also love walking because it's awesome thinking time. I thought a lot about Colin today.

He has been a family friend for over 15 years, and we love his entire family. I cannot begin to imagine what his wife, and the love of his life, is experiencing right now. Her loss is so tremendous.

I will miss him so much. He was a second father to my oldest son, Cody. It's bittersweet that I will see Cody this next week...

My walk really helped me gather my thoughts and let some of this grief go.

No comments: