Thursday, July 7, 2011

Not another beginning...

     So,I could start with the expected here-I-go-again blog entry, and the bazillion excuses as to why I haven't blogged since January. BUT, I'm not going to!
     I have decided that it's not another beginning, as I have never ended this quest. I consider it more of a hiatus, and that would make this a new season.
     I haven't reached my true weight goal, and even when I do see that happen, the journey won't be over, it won't end with a magic number. Losing weight and then maintaining it will always be a part of my life. And, I accept that.
     The last day of school, June 10th, was also my 40th birthday! I embrace the forties, and I wasn't all weirded out like so many other women I know. My thirties were good, but I know that my forties will be even better!!
     I did reflect on how many things I have accomplished in my 40 years on this planet, and let me tell ya...I am PROUD of myself.
     I have very few disappointments in my life, and even those have been valuable lessons. The only major goal that I have not accomplished is weight loss. And, don't take that as me feeling like a failure, because I ABSOLUTELY don't.
     I did make a summer goal to exercise more. I love exercising! I enjoy everything about it, but I often haven't made the time for it. So, no matter what, I decided I would even schedule it in, if necessary.
     Summer started with a trip to Vegas. I made sure that I kept my goal, and I walked every day from my sister's house to my parent's house, which was only a mile a way, but it was in 100+ weather!!! As well, I swam every day to keep cool, but it was added exercise!
      Upon my return from Vegas, I decided to train for a half-marathon in Vegas with my sister!!! I know that I could even walk 13 miles in the four hours time limit. But, my goal is to jog the entire half-marathon. As it comes closer, I will have a time goal.
     The actual run is going to be amazing! It's at night, and on the strip in Vegas...how cool is that?! And, there's tons of stuff happening including music concerts on the streets! It's the World's Largest NIGHTTIME Running Event!
     To train for this, I have started the Couch to 5K Running Plan. I am on the third week, and TODAY I jogged an entire mile straight! What an amazing difference.
     The biggest deal is to NOT go all crazy and injure myself or burn myself out before I really get it going. Once I have the 5K done, then I will train for the half-marathon starting in September.
     I am really excited about this, and I have found it so much easier to workout with such a goal in mind. It reminds me of way back when I trained for a sprint triathlon, and I did it!
     Starting July 1st, I have really focused on eating healthy, too. Clean eating, raw veggies, fish and chicken. Yummy and good!
     And, there ya have it folks! I'm BAAAAAAAAAACK!

No comments: