Friday, March 16, 2007

Over and Out

     I am definitely feeling it. The cold is here, and it has swept in like a hurricane in a fury. Last night I was up most of the night coughing up both my lungs, or so it felt.
     I eventually had to sleep (if that’s what you call it) in the chair in the living room so that I could sleep sitting up (less coughing then).
     I did eat really well yesterday, and last night we had a yummy, colorful, and healthy dinner at my step-daughter’s house. She is such a good cook!
     What I really love about her cooking is that she knows how to balance everything perfectly. (Look there is that word, balance, again.) And, everything is always fresh.
     I did drink more water yesterday than I have all week, although not quite to my goal. Mostly I was drinking the water because it was soothing to my fiery throat.
     No exercise yesterday, even though I did have a bit more time, but really I just felt exhausted and sick.
     Great news! My friend Barbara had talked about her massage which was just the kick in the butt I needed to call and make my appointment.
     Well, I not only have an appointment for next Friday, but then yesterday my masseuse called and said she had a cancellation, and I could have an appointment for late this afternoon if I wanted it! WOO HOO!
     The really ironic thing about it all is that now that I had to sleep in the chair last night, I REALLY need the massage today!!
     Well, my goal for the weekend is to get better.
     Over and out.

No comments: