Friday, March 9, 2007

Whoa, on the water!

     I just read about the lady who died for drinking too much water! She drank two gallons in a short period of time in trying to win a Wii gaming system.
     According to a preliminary autopsy the 28-year old woman died from "water intoxication."
     It's a very sad article, especially when you read the end where it talks about the fact that the lady was trying to win the Wii for her three kids.
     I personally had NO idea of such a thing as water intoxication, or that you could die from an over-consumption of water.
     You can read the article that was forwarded to me at http://news.com.com:80/2061-10797_3-6150870.html.
     Obviously there were a couple of issues related to this lady dying. First, she drank all of that water in a short time and she was not allowed to use the restroom.
     My water goal is 77 ounces, but that number will decrease as I lose weight. I am drinking it all day and with bathroom breaks.
     Now, for my trip to Seattle, I have some good news and some bad news. I will go with the bad news first to get it out of the way.
     Although, I did pack healthy snacks, I still made some poor choices in the dinner and lunch departments.
     I ate a grocery store sandwich (not a super healthy choice), a small order of cheesy Tater Tots and a small chocolate milkshake at a fast food place, and I also ate a plate of Thai food for lunch yesterday.
     But I did walk a ton, and I drank all of my water both days so I feel good about those two things. As well, my snacks were good choices, just not the meals.
     The musical was fantastic! One of the best I have ever watched. "Fire on the Mountain" will be at the top of my list of favorites for a long time.
     I was glad to be home last night and sleeping in my own bed. I am definitely behind on the sleep, but hopefully I can pick some of that up this weekend.
     The weekend looks busy already, but I will try to find some down time to squeeze in a nap, maybe.
     And, that's the last word, until Monday.

No comments: