Thursday, March 1, 2007

Good news

     Yesterday afternoon I came home in between running from here to there, and I did my aerobics! Thirty minutes!
     Then I took a quick shower and ran off to do the other 12 things on my "to do" list, and I finally ended up at my class at 7 p.m.
     So, I felt so much better. Even though I am sick, working out still felt good. Well, my lungs were burning and my throat was aching, but my energy level increased, and I did not feel as tired as I did before I started!
     I was still absolutely pooped out when I returned home at 10 p.m., and it was definitely a long day, but I went to sleep knowing that I had squeezed in the exercise.
     While I was working out, I totally felt like I was sweating out the sickness, or at least I hope that was what was happening.
     I still feel pretty icky today. However, I still plan on doing the aerobics this evening when I return home.
     I ate right on target yesterday. I "saved" calories throughout the day, so last night at my class, I had a small brownie (I chose the smallest one there), and some yummy huckleberry cream dessert.
     Definitely both of those were worth the scrimping during the day, and I was proud that I had planned for them.
     I drank tons of water yesterday, not quite to my goal, but close. Still, my lips were burning last night. I need to drink more water!
     I am afraid to jinx myself and say aloud that next week doesn't look as busy. That's what I always think, and then BAM, the slow week ends up being busier than what I thought would be the hectic week.
     I will be glad when I shake this cold, and when I can figure out a schedule that works for ME.
     A very wise friend of mine talked to me about how hard it is for me to be selfish. It's true. I am such the nurturer that hardly ever can I feel like I can put myself first.
     And, if I do . . . then I feel tremendously guilty. But, as Barbara said it best, "It's about balance."
     I need to figure out the balance in my life. And, I am an important part of that equation that I am trying to steady.
     OK, so now some completely random facts: Today is National Peanut Butter Lovers Day and tomorrow is National Banana Creme Pie Day.
     I propose that you make a smoothie and celebrate one or both of those days. I love to use sugar-free pudding to add to my smoothie for both flavor and texture. Enjoy!
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: