Monday, March 5, 2007

Recharged and raring to go

     I spent the weekend recharging. I spent a lot of time laughing and relaxing, both of which I needed.
     We went to see "Wild Hogs" on Friday night, and I laughed so hard. What a funny (albeit predictable) movie! I love the actors in the show, and it was well worth the money we spent.
     OK, before I go on about my weekend, I have to tell you about something I witnessed in the Safeway parking lot yesterday.
     I had finished shopping, and I was sitting in my car waiting for Cody to finish working.
     A guy pulled up behind me and was obviously waiting for a car to pull out. This car he was waiting for was the closest parking space to the store (non-handicapped).
     Anyhow, I was third the parking space over from the store, and there was nobody next to me or even near me in my row.
     I watched the guy wait five minutes for the people to finally pull out. FIVE minutes! I seriously timed him on my car clock.
     He could've parked next to me (only a few spots from the coveted space), and he could've walked into the store and been clear over to the bakery in the amount of time that he waited for that spot.
     What is the deal? Is that how lazy we have become today? Do a lot of people do that? Wait for the spot that is closest to the door when you can park a couple (not a huge amount) spots down?
     I even watched the guy thinking maybe he was injured or had a hard time walking, but he just popped out of his rig and walked into the store.
     Now that I've got that off my chest . . . exercise for me (besides then parking really far away from Wal-Mart) was that I did go for a walk on both days.
     And yesterday we had to lug our groceries (a car full of them) in multiple trips from the car which, because of the returning mud, did take awhile.
     I did eat well (both in what I ate and how much), and I did not drink enough water. That is my challenge for this week: Drink enough water each day!
     I don't know what I am doing for exercise tonight. I need to get to the gym, so I can at least weigh.
     I did catch up on much-needed sleep this weekend. I really did just take it easy. I feel good this morning.
     That's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: