Monday, March 12, 2007

March Madness

     No, I am NOT talking about the basketball craziness, but rather that of my ever-busy life.
     I was just looking over my calendar for February and March, and I cannot believe how absolutely packed both months are.
     There are days when I have three or four meetings on top of teaching and shuttling my kids from here to there.
     I also have some school obligations this month (and had some last month, too) where I will have to miss classes, which means having a substitute, which really means more work for me.
     I made a few choices last night about things I am going to give away, responsibilities that I am not going to be responsible for anymore.
     As for my weekend, it was a good one, relatively relaxing. As far as exercise goes, I did go for two different walks. Being outside was fantastic.
     I don't know why I have not been motivated to go to the gym. I like going, it costs both arms, and I haven't weighed now in like three weeks.
     On the weekend when I actually seem to have time for the gym, I head outside instead. I don't know why.
     It's not a bad thing that I am exercising outside, but I know I need to go to the gym, too.
     My eating was not so good on Friday. I ate four pieces of de-lite pizza.
     Then on Saturday I ate chips (in excess) and cabbage salsa from the Mexican restaurant. So, that is disappointing.
     Water over the weekend was not near my daily goals. I definitely can feel that, too.
     So, relaxing weekend, yes, but as far as being on track, a resounding NO. However, I would not say that my weekend was a complete loss by any means.
     And, I have also discovered a new cereal that I love! It is the Grape Nuts Trail Mix cereal. It is a wonderful breakfast or even a snack later in the day.
     You know, it is really hard to make me the priority when my life seems to get in the way. I have some thinking to do, Lucy.
     And, that's the last word, until tomorrow.

No comments: