Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Listen

     I did it! I drank all of my water yesterday. I was thinking about why I don't normally drink all my water, and really as ridiculous as it sounds, it's all related to being busy.
     During my day, I would forget to breathe if it wasn't naturally happening. I lugged my water around, but I kept it in my mind all day.
     Then came a new problem. Drinking so much water meant I needed to use the restroom more, which in turn meant that I needed to make time to go to the restroom.
     Ha! My day really is THAT busy. I thankfully did make it each time, but it helped me to realize just how hectic each day is for me.
     I had another realization yesterday. I was really hungry at lunch, and I was craving chocolate - or so I thought.
     I almost dug out change and went to the vending machine, for the first time in more than a month, while I was waiting for the microwave to beep.
     Instead I grabbed an apple and ate that, which of course did satisfy me. I definitely felt hungry. I had not snacked at mid-morning (too busy drinking water).
     I truly felt hungry. Now, I thought I wanted (needed) chocolate, but really anything sweet ended up working.
     So, it really is all about listening to what your body says. But the important part is REALLY listening . . . are you hungry, thirsty, what do you need?
     I did not exercise yesterday, other than a quick 15-minute walk. That was disappointing, but at least I can say I did something.
     I am leaving today after school to go over to Seattle to take a group of kids to see a musical.
     A bunch of walking will be involved tomorrow for sure! And we are not stopping at any fast food restaurants.
     I have my healthy snacks packed, and I have my choice already for when we hit the grocery store. And, I will be lugging my big water bottle along for the trip, too.
     And, that's the last word, until Friday.

No comments: