Saturday, March 24, 2007

Life, Monopoly, and any other game you can think of

     SIGH...I think I survived this past week. I was looking at my calendar and since the middle of February, I have been non-stop go, but no collecting $200, more just like moving directly to jail!
     Today I fly out of Wenatchee to head over to Seattle. I am excited to spend some quality sister time with my little sister before my meetings on Monday and Tuesday.
     The bummer of it all is that I am missing Jordie's double-header and Cody's soccer match today and their games on Tuesday.
     It feels like my life is getting in the way of my life, and more importantly in the way of things that are VERY important to me...my kids.
     Both boys told me to knock it off and quit feeling so dang bad and guilty for missing some of their games, when they a) know I want to be there, and b) have missed hardly any games in their entire lives, which my oldest told me most kids can't say.
     But, I do feel guilty. I can't help it. They are so important to me! But, I will have a good mini-break, and I DO need it.
     And, I made the reservations before I had their schedules. Part of me thinks that was the world saying go and knowing I wouldn't have if I had their schedules.
     I hoping to do some exercise while I am over there, and I am going to work on eating well out of town (always a struggle).
     I can see that this game of mine will not really slow down permanently (yeah right) until mid-April. SIGH.
     I am ready for that. And, then of course it will rev up around the middle of May!
     I will survive. I will.

No comments: