Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Most folks are about as happy as they make up their mind to be--Abe Lincoln

     I really want to go up to the gym and weigh today. That is my point of reference scale, so I might see if they will let me sneak in and borrow the scale (well, not really borrow it, but you know what I mean!).
     I know I am losing weight because the clothes feel different, and I am able to wear some clothes that I couldn't at the beginning of the summer :)
     Today after cheer workout and swim lessons, I am going over to help my friend go through her closets! YEAH! De-clutter away...and, I think she is going to sale stuff at the garage sale this Saturday at Ferrell Gas from 8-12 (oh, was that a plug?), LOL.
     I did look at the weather which we already knew was going to be outrageously HOT, but now it looks like there is a chance of thunderstorms on Saturday. SIGH.
     Last night we had a BBQ, and I made my yummy corn glaze (for a lack of a better word this morning).
     It is light sour cream, lime, and cilantro. It is sooo yummy, and way less fat than butter, and everybody at the house loved it!
     It was good to have an evening of family. Rick's oldest kids were there, and the grandkids, and Grandma, it was just good food and company.
     I did not overeat! I had a small piece of meat (and, it was delicious), and a piece of corn. I did drink three Fat Tires, which I have not had in forever.
     I didn't go for a walk (didn't get home until late), so I didn't even intentionally exercise yesterday!
     It's all good though, because I am going to work harder and longer this morning at my workout.
     I love Abe's quotation that I used as my title today. It's so true! Have a SUPER day and try to stay cool :)

No comments: