Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tired, but happily so!

     Last night and this morning I participated in my third Relay for Life, and by far this was the BEST one!
     I organized two teams this year, one of my National Honor Society kids, and the other was an Okanogan School District employee team that we called No Adult Left Behind!
     First, my NHS kids are just AMAZING kids! We had, by far, the best team shirt there. (I will take a picture, and post it!)
     The kids were all organized, and we had tons of food and fun. Every time slot was filled and nobody skipped out.
     The same goes for the NALB team. I work with some incredible people!
     Our district received a Bronze award for all the money we earned!
     I walked my 36 laps (or nine miles), and I did some major walking from 2-4 a.m. I am glad I met my goal, and I am tired and sore right now.
     I also had my step-daughter and my granddaughter at the Relay, and I think those girls probably had one of the best nights ever! They were so cute, and all my high school kids just love and adore them!
     Plus Jordie was there, and I think the little girls even hitch a piggyback ride while walking!
     The girls walked 20 laps!!!! That's 5 miles for a six and seven year old! They just loved the whole get a paperclip for every lap you walk.
     I will try to post pics later, but for now I am going to take a shower (both kids just finished their showers), and maybe get a nap in before my step-daughter and I have hair appointments!
     All in all...I loved my Relay experience this year, and I cannot wait for next year!

No comments: