Sunday, May 11, 2008

Whatta week (gone and coming)

     It has been many days now since I have blogged. I have missed you!
     Well, to start, the last time I blogged was Wednesday evening, and lots has been going on since then.
     Thursday morning I headed off to Seattle with a group to go and see a production at the Rep, and we also went to the EMP.
     I love taking kids on cultural field trips that truly expand their vision of our world.
     Jordie went with our group, too, so it was some good time to spend with him, as well.
     It is, however, a VERY long ride on a bus over to Seattle, and I am excited that our trip next year will probably be over to Spokane to see my FAVORITE musical Phantom of the Opera.
     This year's trip was our fourth year in a row going, and it is a highlight of the year for all of us that go.
     I was a bit worried about eating and staying with the WW plan, but really it was far easier than I imagined, as we just made a point to always stop somewhere that included a grocery store besides fast food options.
     And, I did pack lots of snacks (including popcorn that I popped before we went).
     I am proud of all the choices I made for eating, and the only thing I could improve upon would be the water consumption. Part of that was just being on a bus and not having the easy access to stop and use the restroom if necessary.
     We did tons of walking, including a side trip to the locks in Ballard. I just love visiting there. I love the gardens and the boats and just the general environment. We have gone there many times as a family, and it's one of Rick's favorite places to go when we are over in the Seattle area.
     The show we went to was amazing, and it makes me want to go to Vegas and catch a Circus Du Soleil ( I want to see the new Beattles show particularly.) show, as it was very much in that spirit. It was funny, amazing, romantic, intense, and simply entertaining.
     The EMP was a good time, and even though I have been there MANY times now, I love how they always have something new that is of interest to me. I love their Jimi Hendrix exhibit the most.
     This time I went to the Science Fiction museum for the first time, and it was definitely worth the time. I also enjoyed the exhibit called American Sabor: Latinos in U.S. Popular Music.
     Although it may not be powerwalking, I did walk tons on our trip! So, I exercised my mind, heart, and body!
     We returned home late Friday afternoon, and then yesterday we had our OHS Cheer yard sale. The weather cooperated, and we had a prime location (thanks to Larry Neely at the Omak Feed Store). The girls were very successful.
     And, that brings us to today, which is Mother's Day! Busy times, indeed.
     The upcoming week looks just as busy. Tomorrow is our little one's actual birthday, then Tuesday is Rick's birthday, Wednesday is a dentist appointment and the baseball banquet, and Friday through Saturday is the Relay for Life (I have organized two teams this year!). BUSY!
     Thankfully there is some time in there for exercise! Oh, and Jordie will be gone all week as a counselor at Camp Progress. SIGH.
     I hope you have a super week! Be happy and healthy!

No comments: